Al Barakah, also known as Barakah Dates and Foodstuff is a local company that distributes food stuff and supplements. They are an established company that carry a wide range of products, including:
- Dried dates – The varieties of dates available are the Ajwa, safawi, mabrum dates. Other types of dates include Rotab, Deglet, and more. Dates are typically eaten during the fasting month, however, due to its sweet and delicious taste, people eat them regularly on normal days as well.
Dates carry a load of benefits – They are rich in fibre, possess anti-inflammatory properties, have antioxidant properties, and are an excellent source of Iron.
- Dried fruit – Al Barakah also carries a big range of dried fruit that is suitable for salads, smoothies and to be eaten on its own. Just some of the dried fruit they carry are:
- Dried figs: Figs are full of nutrients, for example, Fibre which alleviates constipation and lowers cholesterol, improve cardiovascular strength due to fatty acids, regulate blood sugar due to potassium, and help relieve throat and respiratory discomfort.
- Dried Cranberries: High in nutrients and antioxidants, they are also used for combating urinary tract infections, cardiovascular disease and even supplement dental health.
- Dried Apricots: Also loaded with antioxidants and potassium, they are great for regulating blood sugar, boosting the immune system and improving cardiovascular strength. Apricots are also known to be great for skin and strengthening the bones.
- Honey – Consumed in the Middle East for thousands of years, honey has benefits the ancients knew that modern scientists are just beginning to discover. For instance, Honey is a good demulcent for the throat and used for coughs and throat infections in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). It can be used to treat external wounds and skin infections due to its anti-bacterial properties. Honey has also been used to create traditional hair shampoos, body moisturizers and herbal scrubs.
- Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia) is one of the most well-known herbs out there in the market for men’s wellness. Long reputed for supporting male performance, the root component contains chemicals such as eurycomanone, eurycomanol, eurycomalactone, canthine-6-one alkaloids etc.
There are a few brands of Tongkat formulas that Al Barakah carries, so it would be good to do research on them.
Besides that, there are sauces and ketchups that Al Barakah carry as well, for example, sweet soy sauce, chilli sauces and the like. Because of the huge variety of stock, it would be beneficial if you could make a trip to their Joo Chiat outlet by yourself.